No More Talking! Get Out!
1) "The United States will learn nothing from direct negotiations with Iran that it does not already know. "
2) " The Iranians do not negotiate in good faith."
3) " For the Iranians, the main purpose of negotiations is delay."
4) "The Iranians will score a propaganda victory."
5) "leaving negotiations to the EU enhances allied solidarity"
The final reason really sums things up:
6) "the reason we are hearing calls for the U.S. to talk to Iran is precisely that the talks between the EU-3 and Iran have failed. Iran has resumed its progress toward a nuclear bomb (assuming, that is, that it ever paused). The spotlight now needs to be placed clearly on Iran and the threat it presents to regional and world peace. Allowing the U.S. to be dragged into the spotlight too as a negotiating partner will change the subject--from Iranian aggression to America's alleged intransigence or dilatoriness or whatever it is that America's international critics will think up next to shift the blame away from the true villains of the story.
We have to acknowledge this much now: The present Iranian government wants a nuclear bomb. It will not be coaxed into changing its mind."
Exactly right, David Frum.
This "shift(ing) of the blame away from the true villains of the story" would feed right into the hands of the democrats and the U.N., not to mention the Iranian regime.
Does it really take an I.Q. higher than 80 to figure out that the regime is on a mission that requires nuclear weapons, and "will not be coaxed into changing its mind"?
Stop negotiating with these monsters and get rid of them. That includes the so-called "Reformers".
Out with them all!